Improve patient safety and the training of healthcare professionals at KSUMC using simulation by encouraging innovation and research.
Promote and evaluate quality inter professional Healthcare workers’ education by:
1. Ensuring access to simulation as an educational tool for all healthcare professionals, support staff, students, patients and families at KSUMC.
2. Providing leadership for excellence in academic teaching as well as in the assessment of simulation-based teaching.
3. Providing high quality training and mentoring to simulation educators.
4. Encouraging initiatives to promote quality of care and patient safety.
5. Promoting collaborative research and innovation in each discipline to advance rapidly evolving teaching methods and enable knowledge transfer within the institution and to health care networks.