Preparatory Clinical Summer Course for interns 2021
The Clinical Skills Summer Course aims to enhance the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of medical students through exposure to a wide variety of clinical skills and procedures. This course provides hands-on training and practice using manikins and standardized patients under supervision allowing continuous feedback to meet each students learning needs. This course aims to facilitate mastery of skills essential to clinical practice and improve competence and confidence in the performance of clinical skills.
1. Perform thorough and comprehensive physical examination of the cardiovascular, respiratory systems & female reproductive system (PV & breast) and demonstrate a safe approach to take Pap smear at the same time, if needed..
2. Appropriately use simple diagnostic aids such as stethoscope, sphygmomanometer, thermometer, glucometer, etc.
3. Identify simple and commonly used equipments and their appropriate use such as nasogastric tube, catheters, injections, endotracheal tube, ECG, vaginal speculum etc.
4. Acquire a safe and methodical approach to procedures such as IV cannulation, IV blood sampling and ABG sampling. .
5. Demonstrate knowledge regarding the insertion of different airway devices like LMA, OPA, NPA, and ETT to take care of the airway.
Second floor, Clinical skills & simulation Center